Visual content is king in the mobile age. But since it's a competitive world, you don't want to engage prospects with photos and videos that reek of low quality.
To achieve your Instagram marketing goals, you need to understand how high-quality content could drive in more customer engagement. This, I believe, you already know.
Today's discussion is on graphic design tools—nine of them. These tools come in handy when you want to edit photos. Not only can you edit pictures, but you can also create decent custom images and infographics for your Instagram page.
Such visual imagery stands a chance of attracting more followers, customers, and even business partners—all bring in more sales and revenue.
Ready to create high-quality graphics that grab attention? Let's get to it.
9 tools to produce killer content for your Instagram page in 2019
Canva offers inbuilt templates and layouts you can use for your text-based photos, inspirational messages, etc. It's considered to be one of the leading graphic design tools on the Internet, mostly due to its user-friendly interface.
There are tons of preset filters you can apply to bring life to your photos. Its infographic creation process is robust—thanks to the drag-and-drop feature. Canva makes graphic designing a piece of cake as it’s designed to suit anyone with little or no experience.
This design platform offers free and premium plans to access their stock photos, icons, illustrations, layouts, shapes, elements, templates, vectors, fonts, and other design tools.
Pablo is an established design tool that helps businesses create eye-catching and friendly photos for social media. This free online tool comes with several templates, filters, and more than 25 unique fonts to choose from.
And since it's powered by the popular social media management platform Buffer, you can be sure that this tool is specially created for businesses and marketing teams to create beautiful social media-friendly images.
Note: Pablo only works on tablet and desktop devices.
From the folks at Evernote, we have Skitch. A screen-capture and markup tool for iOS and Mac. This unique piece of software combines the functions of a screen capture tool with that of an image editor.
It supports many formats, which includes PDF and BMP. When it comes to the Skitch editor, it's more than enough to create stunning graphics your followers will love.
Easily add texts to your photos. Point out particular parts of an image. Also, you don't want to miss out on its advanced capture modes.
GIFs are everywhere.
From marketing emails to customer service comments, GIFs easily catch people's attention, thereby increasing engagement. They're fun to watch and say so much about your brand.
With Giphy, you can get your followers engaged by using different GIFs. But, there's a trick to using GIFs on Instagram, which Giphy offers a one-click solution for.
Check out how to share GIFs on Instagram using either the Giphy website or app.
Infographics. Presentations. Charts. Reports. Flyers.
All these and more can be created with PiktoChart. This web tool is geared toward helping professionals with no design experience create beautiful visual content for their business.
PiktoChart claims to have “a template for your every need.” While I can't testify to this, the 600+ templates available make it easy to create an infographic, presentation, or print.
Further, PiktoChart for Team is one unique feature that simplifies team collaboration so you can work effortlessly with other team members. This feature is especially practical for businesses and agencies with various graphic design needs.
Meet one of the best infographic makers in the world.
First, infographics are considered by several industries to be the best means to convey information to a large audience.
Easel.ly lets you visualize information of any kind. What this means is, you can transform boring, complex information into engaging graphics that your audience will understand and enjoy.
This tool comes with several objects, shapes, icons, and templates, and a drag-and-drop tool that can shape your infographic-making game.
Smush.it compresses and optimizes images. You can also save the original content for future edits even after 'smushing' them. Learn more about image optimization for Instagram.
The Over app brands itself as a brand-building app for creating logos, flyers, posters, and everything in-between. Add it to your Instagram content creation kit to wow your followers in an instant.
You can add texts and artwork to your photos, and it offers a wide variety of graphics, colors, fonts, and text sizes that are sure to get the attention of your audience at first glance.
One more thing, Over enables you to schedule posts from the app.
With Blurgrounds, you can add an extra layer of styling and color to your images. It comes with 200 abstractly blurred backgrounds, giving your photos that perfect blurry touch.
9 tips to drive engagement with quality content
1. Before moving to the content creation phase, take some time to understand your audience. Put their demographics and psychographics into consideration. Find out why, how, and when they use Instagram and capitalize on your findings.
2. Stick with an effective Instagram marketing strategy. The strategy should also include a content theme/pattern concerning your brand, products and services, and company culture.
3. Be visually consistent. Visual consistency is often overlooked, but it's still a pivotal part of any Instagram marketing strategy. If you have a signature tone, upload photos and use filters that showcase those colors.
4. Posting frequency is even more crucial now that organic reach keeps declining. This points back to your marketing strategy; it determines how often you should post to Instagram. Some IG pages have 30+ posts per day, and their audience seems to love it. Some, however, must keep away from posting too often to avoid being spammy or annoying. All depending on your audience and strategy.
5. You can never go wrong with hashtags. Use popular and trending hashtags, and integrate one or more branded hashtags.
6. On Instagram, captions are next in authority to visual content—the chief factor. Since they reveal your personality to the audience and prompt followers to act, use winning captions that prospects and customers will find interesting.
7. Learn from your competitors. If a form of visual imagery (e.g., infographics) drive the most engagement, it's time to join in.
8. To reap the benefits of quality content, use killer call-to-action to make your prospects and customers take action.
9. Make use of Instagram Stories; it opens a whole new world of opportunities.
Apart from sparking a sense of interest in your customers, quality content can help your social presence grow.
The tools and tips mentioned above would help you save money as the skills of a professional graphic designer might not be needed. Spend less time looking for someone to deliver graphics, and more time creating your designs.